Thursday, February 21, 2013

Task 1 Reflection: Diigo and Twitter

I posted two screenr presentations.  One is on my Diigo account which can be found at:  http://screenr.com/p8c7.  The other presentation I did was on Twitter, and that can be found at:  http://screenr.com/w7c7.

My screenname for screenr is:  MelanieJ.

I did not use any of the software tools that we have learned about before ED 279.  I only use Google mail for my personal email and that's about it.  I was curious before to learn more about Google and it's many features, but had no time to figure it out either because of work and or taking care of my mother.

I hope to teach our Educational Assistant Learning Community at school about Diigo, Twitter, Google Reader, and the other tools we learned about.  It will be helpful because a lot of our Educational Assistants now are in regular ed. classrooms and since Common Core is coming in 2014, it will help both regular ed. students as well as the special education students to learn how to navigate the web with these tools.  Especially since now, students are required to do a lot more research, reading, and writing, because now they have to state arguments and defend them in each of their courses that they will be taking.  Bookmarking, and filtering information from the web can and will be very useful tools in this area.

I think that the tools that we learned about will be very useful for a new teacher.  It can aid in having students be kept aware of the changing world around them, and can also aid in a better process of delivering instruction.  These specific tools has a wealth of knowledge that is shared, and new teachers can collaborate with colleagues from around the state, nationally, and globally. 




No comments:

Post a Comment